Have you or your clients been affected by the bushfires?
In this bushfire emergency episode we talk to Ma’ata Solofoni from the Disaster Response Legal Service NSW. Ma’ata talks about this new service and how it’s providing free legal help for people in NSW affected by bushfires.
The types of legal issues we can help with include insurance claims, tenancy, financial hardship, credit and debt, Centrelink and issues with employment. Listen to Ma’ata now and if you need more information, call the Disaster Response Legal Service NSW on 1800 801 529.
Referrals and more information
- For information, advice, referrals and where to find your closest Legal Aid NSW office call the Disaster Response Legal Service NSW on 1800 801 529.
- Legal Aid NSW webpage – Legal Help for victims of natural disasters has information and links to useful publications.
- Read our comprehensive fact sheet What to do after a natural disaster and Order FREE factsheets for your service
- The Financial Rights Legal Centre has a Bushfire insurance guide and operates the National Insurance Law Hotline on 1300 663 464 and has factsheets about bushfire, flood and storm insurance
- NSW Government Community support for bushfire affected communities
- Bushfire Housing assistance service
- Ask Izzy Bushfire Support
- Latest Alert for community workers
- Hear Ma’ata talk about legal aid in bushfire zones with Damien Carrick on the Law Report
- Call LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529
- Visit the Legal Aid NSW website
- Are you in Victoria? Call Disaster Legal Help Victoria on 1800 133 432
- Are you in Queensland? Call Natural disaster legal help on 1300 004 924
Look after yourself
We want this to be a safe space for listeners. If you need support there are services that can help: