Helping your client tell their story to the court. The important role of support workers in the criminal justice system.
In this episode we speak to a Legal Aid NSW Criminal lawyer and 3 support workers helping women, young people and people with cognitive impairment in the criminal justice system. We learn about their tips about ways to provide support to achieve the best court outcome for clients.
Referrals and more information:
- Legal Aid NSW – Court, Police and Crime Publications
- Legal Aid NSW – Find a local office and advice service
- Legal Aid NSW – Help at Court - Duty lawyers
- Legal Aid NSW - Children’s Legal Service and Youth Hotline
- Rosa Coordinated Care (ROCC) – support service for women returning to live in the Shoalhaven after being in custody or rehabilitation
- Shopfront Youth Legal Centre – legal factsheets for young people and youth workers
- IDRS - Justice Advocacy Service
- Justice Advocacy Service Law for Community Workers webinar – December 2020
- NSW Justice – So you have to go to Court! resource kit for people with cognitive impairment
- Legal Aid NSW - Law Check-Up – tool for helping your clients identify their legal problems